http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=27684744 ARTYFACTS: Belgian ballet - Day 11

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Belgian ballet - Day 11

Falling, flailing, failing
I didn't buy this. Reminded me at times of DV8 with the crutches and crazed disco dancing but not nearly as good. The falling, flailing, failing tormented pieces all too often abandoned grace. A dowdy crate-filled set and dull charity shop clothes. The slapstick routines and the breakdance sequence were high spots as was the sequence withe the outboard motor, but overall I remained unmoved and mostly lost.

I really don't know what I was expected get from this. To be fair many in the audience seemed delighted. Then again, with ballet, everything gets wholesome applause. It's almost as if the audiences are just grateful it's there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home